Remus, where do I start?!

FedupofRemus's review of Remus Property Management

“Remus, where do I start?!”

Written on: 01/03/2022 by FedupofRemus (1 review written)

We've had nothing but issues with Remus since they took on our New Build estate several years ago.

I've already had successful complaints upheld with the ombudsman and compensation awarded and here we are again...

We received a massively uncompetitive service charge bill demand for 2022 to which we've sent them a neighbouring estate of the same age and same size (one is 89 and one is 92 properties) bill for comparison from another managing agent.

No accounts issued to residents for 2020, despite being REQUIRED to issue them by June 2021....apparently they are a little bit behind! Understatement and as I understand it, this is a requirement not a timescale they aim for. How our (Remus!) director signed off on the 2021 and 2022 service charge bills without it I cannot fathom... oh yeah, not really in their interests to challenge.

Huge number of discrepancies and queries not responded to. A wall on our development was damaged nearly 9 months ago and the bricks still lay on the ground and the wall unrepaired... a real health and safety hazard with children around!

We are still waiting for our House builder to handover the site and until then we are stuck with Remus. Handover is being deliberately delayed in the residents opinion so Remus maintain the Directorship.

So I complain to the property manager, admin team, then the divisional manager and the Head of Customer Experience and don't even get a reply to an email titled 'COMPLAINT' since the beginning of December 2021! I honestly think they believe not replying means I can't escalate it further this time.

Shame on you Remus. I'm on the phone with the Ombudsman again as I type!

• Other