Bullies, unreasonable & extortionate.

RichardBellamy's review of HomeGround Management Ltd - www.homegroundonline.com

“Bullies, unreasonable and extortionate.”

Written on: 23/06/2022 by RichardBellamy (0 reviews written)

I paid my ground rent and Buildings insurance in full and on time (Dec 2021). My insurance premium was amended "increased" mid-term by 95%, yes 95% just 3 months later. Unfortunately for me I unwittingly opted for e-billing and never noticed the amendment email (probably because I wasn't expecting it). It only came to my attention when I received a letter from their solicitors.
What started out as an amended amount of £164 on top of the £173 I had already paid is now £164 + £45 admin + £100 legal notice + £145 solicitor fees plus interest and VAT (a total of £484) I now have 2 working days left to pay it or I will be taken to court. All they needed to do was send me a letter in the post and although I wouldn't have been happy with the increase of 95% mid term I would have paid it. These agents are bullies and would urge no one to use their services. There is a dedicated section on Martin Lewis's website about how bad these people are. Of course, I have tried to reason with them via email but my emails are just passed on to their solicitors who will not budge and stress that they have acted accordingly (who am I to argue with a law firm?). I wish to god that I could choose a different insurer when my premium comes up for renewal but I have no choice. I will be writing the people who own the freehold expressing my disgust in the way I've been treated. Homeground! all it would have taken is a good old-fashioned "Letter" in the post regardless of whether I opted for e-billing? Some things are just too important to be sent by email? Surely that would have been easier than starting legal action?

• Landlord