Karcher pressure washer review

Guest's review of Karcher K5.55M

“Karcher pressure washer review”

Written on: 06/02/2013

The pulsing started last summer when the machine was 18 months old. The paperwork said 12 months warranty. In disgust I put the machine away with intention of scrapping it then I had a flush of desperation and emailed Karcher. Their response was:
Thank you for your recent email, what date in January did you purchase the unit, any machine purchased after the 1st Jan 2011 came with a 2 year warranty, if the machine is still in warranty we can arrange collection upon receipt of the receipt of purchase.

I was in luck so I delivered the machine to their recommended local agent. 4 weeks later I collected the machine and the agents parting remark was to the effect of 'don’t let the frost at it again’. This prognosis was confirmed by Karcher when I again emailed them requesting a status of warranty (12 more months) and what faults were found (frost damage).

The thing is the machine failed in the middle of summer. During the harsh winter of 2012 the machine spent its time in our laundry much to my wifes annoyance, I spent a lot of money on the machine afterall and the paperwork does stress to keep out of frost.

I have yet to try the machine as I only picked it up on Monday. I just hope it works.

Would I recommend Karcher???????