The new generation, a good buy

SylviaKath's review of Prestige Quick & Easy Pressure Cooker

“ The new generation, a good buy”

Written on: 28/01/2016 by SylviaKath (1 review written)

I have used a Prestige Hi-Dome for many, many years, principally to make soup. Seeing an offer for the new Quick & Easy pressure cookers, about 3 months ago, I thought it was time to replace my old one by a Q&E 6 litre version. I find it works very well for soup and stews, is relatively simple to understand, and makes the soup rather quicker than the old one. The plastic parts do look a bit flimsy, but are otherwise easy to use. I shall reserve judgement on whether they are long-lasting.

However, the leaflet could be greatly improved; it is fussy and repetitive, and would be enhanced by including rather more recipes. The much-repeated use of the word "come" (instead of "cum") in describing the steam pressure device is irritating, and perhaps not understandable to anyone under 40! I still have the booklet for my old Hi-Dome, which is much more interesting and straightforward. Has anyone published an independent recipe book using the "Quick & Easy" yet?

Nevertheless, the new generation remains a very good buy at £34 for the 6 litre version.