Very Pleasantly Surprised!

bwMcCormack324's review of Bachmayer Solingen BM-1655 Saucepan Set

“Very Pleasantly Surprised!”

Written on: 27/01/2015 by bwMcCormack324 (1 review written)

I bought these pans online and have been really pleased with them for what I paid (around £170 inc p&p). They perform like a set that are worth much more. I sent an email to the company that were selling them before I purchased them as I couldn't seem to find anything out about BACHMAYER SOLINGEN on the internet. I did get an email back the same day and they explained that bachmayer Solingen was a shortlived german brand who went under during the recession. originally, they offered a 20 year guarantee with this particular set but as they are no longer in operation this guarantee is obviously no longer valid. When the company went into liquidation a lot of their stock was bought up by smaller retail companies, one of which is where I bought my set from. they told me that because of trading laws, it is impossible for most companies to sell a product that comes with a manufacturer's guarantee if the company is no longer in existence, hence them only being available online and at a vastly reduced price from their original price tag.

anyway, in summary I am over the moon with them and they also look very attractive in my kitchen. one thing to be careful of though is do make sure that you remove the thermostat lids before putting them in the dishwasher

Bethsider's Comment

Written on: 12/04/2015

How many peaces did you get for that price? i have four peaces brand new of them.
can someone e-mail me more details of them i want to add up to the four i have because they are small.