Unprofessional - received items 2 days later!

Virginiau190's review of AnyVan - www.anyvan.com

“Unprofessional - received items 2 days later!”

Written on: 20/05/2022 by Virginiau190 (1 review written)

(Short breakdown: items not collected, took 3 hours and 30+ minutes for resolution, which we as a business did not agree with. They refused to send us an invoice after being pressured to agree to pay an extra fee. They pushed us for an up front payment. Then after all this stress and my work time wasted, the reschedule for the next day did not work out. The driver was going to be an hour and half late to deliver the items. I was the person who noticed and had to contact customer service again an extra 1 hour 45 mins wasted. After two days we finally received our items. No idea where our items were kept overnight either.)

Long breakdown:
Having been told by the venue that the items were not collected, and the driver drove away without them. I called customer service immediately via my work phone. As I was on hold/waiting in a queue for 5+ minutes by this point I decided to use the instant messenger service at 11:05 and advised the person that the driver had 2 contact numbers for me who made the booking, plus two different contacts at the venue to ensure this did not happen. I was advised the day team had been contacted and once they find a resolution, they will contact me. So I hung up my work phone believing someone will call me. I advised how worried I was as I could see the driver travelling further away from the venue. The person on the chat ended the conversation at 11:12. I was not happy with this, so I called the driver at 11:19 and he cancelled my call. So I called customer service again as still not heard anything, and whilst on hold I went back on to instant messenger at 11:20 to ask for any news and advise them that the driver did not answer my call.

I was told at 11:24 that someone will call me, and the day team are aware of the situation. The same information given before, but no had contacted me, hence I was calling them again. Finally, someone answered at 11:29 so it took 40 mins to speak to someone over the phone in person which is not acceptable.

The person on the phone did not know what was going on, which I was very annoyed with because I had been told that the day team were on the case well over 30 mins prior and were chasing the driver. This was not the case.

I advised them of the issue and how worried we were. There was some going back and forth of her calling the driver to find out what happened etc. I advised her that the driver did not call me and that both numbers of the people at the venue were not contacted. She advised me the driver did call one number, but there were two numbers. I was told there will be a rescheduling fee of 50% of what we had already paid. We paid £94 for this collection and delivery of three items, and she was requesting we pay £47 extra when it was no fault of our own. Absolutely shocking and they wanted it to be paid up front. After the drivers mess up of collecting our items, we were not feeling very comfortable paying up front, how could we trust that this would not happen again. The lady spoke to her managers and advised me that we had to pay the rescheduling fee and they will not invoice us. I said we are a business to business. I requested a shorter collection time and was offered a three hour time frame. My colleague then spoke to her because we were not happy with the resolution. We managed to agree to the collection time frame of a two hour slot. None of the directors were in to pay the extra £47 over the phone, one of which was out of the country.

It is absolutely shocking that they would not invoice a company. We had to disturb the director who was out of the country on a well-earned holiday to make a bank transfer.

So the reschedule was agreed, items were collected the next morning, but then i see on the tracker around 3:30pm that the driver is well over 2 hours and 20 mins away when I had agreed with the lady at customer service that the items were to be delivered by 4pm, latest 5pm. So again I had to go on instant messenger. More time wasted again. We just couldn't believe it. I had to wait for my contact at customer service to call me because you end up waiting a very long time on hold every time you call. I was told ‘let me see what the driver can do’ by this time traffic would be building up and he was not working his way South, still seemed to be doing other courier jobs. There was absolutely no way the driver could make it here by 5pm . They didn't hear me when I said there is no way they can. Eventually they realised. We had to reschedule for the next morning for delivery. It took from me contacting the instant messenger an hour and 30+ minutes to organise the new delivery.

We have no idea where our items were kept overnight.

The whole situation has been a complete shambles and I have wasted at least 5+ working hours chasing and sorting this all out. AnyVan are unprofessional and the people on instant messenger are not helpful at all. I am seeking an email to make a formal complaint. We paid for a service and did not receive the agreed service.