BT made me a website & let me down

• Reception

• Reliability

• Extra Features

RandomUserName3's review of BT

“BT made me a website and let me down”

Written on: 27/08/2018 by RandomUserName3 (2 reviews written)

I had a website built by BT. They tied me up in a contract, the contract ended but I continued to pay and use their services. I transferred the service and they continued to charge. I cancelled and had to cancel via two separate departments and they refused to refund any money due to not informing them.

It turned out that I was paying £36 a month for "management fees" that I did not need at all so BT have earned very nicely indeed!

I have also been paying £24 every quarter for hosting and required only hosting after the 1st year.

So yes BT was charging me £42 a month when I should have been paying only £6 a month.

When I phoned BT to cancel and BT said they want more money as notice is required - I said I will pay but will let everyone know what the BT Corporation is like (she said "you are more than welcome to do that" ). So they are on...

BT gave me an 0800 number that linked to my mobile number but did not get missed calls or any answerphone. So I missed out on customers.

BT gave me email addresses linked to my domain but was not able to setup the password and server details to access the emails. So missed out on any emails sent to my advertised email addresses. This was an ongoing issue with many calls.

BT deleted all my emails on their servers once I had transferred the hosting although I was still paying.

BT put the phone down on me when I asked them to look into whether they could retrieve my emails on their servers (I know because they did not call back). This is expected as I am a leaving customer.

BT purchased EE and without delay Orange's reputation was gone, their customer service went down hill, trying to worm out of warranties and prices hiked.

BT said the website they created me was terrible and I needed to upgrade to £150 a month from £36. A year later when I made inquiries they said that the company they used is no longer trading and I did not get the upgrade at all, so they refunded the money back dated.

In summary: BT are too large, too controlling, too financially focused and uncaring towards its customers. They have the money for large advertising campaigns, to buy other companies out and to perfect contract terms/conditions to their advantage. They don't have the necessary knowledge to assist you with technical issues.

In fact I think a small claims court may get me several years of management fees back as they have never been used. I will report back how that pans out.

I beg you to not use BT and to inform your family/friends to avoid like the plague.

Thank you. Together we can make a difference.

Are you still considering BT? Think I may be unlucky one customer? BT charged me an additional £5 a month to have "itemised bills" that had nothing to itemise. I phoned to cancel and ask for a refund and they said "no it is your responsibility to cancel it even though you did not set it up".

BT (Be There).