Appalling slow service

• Customer service

2yorkies's review of Pets at Home Pet Insurance - www.petsathome.com

“Appalling slow service”

Written on: 20/09/2021 by 2yorkies (1 review written)

Do not use this pet ins company if you can't afford to wait 3 months to get your money back. The assessors are terrible or not trained properly. All they do is send the same email to the vet practice every week looking for information that the vets have already gave them. They never call the vets to resolve things straight away,
it's just email after email. Then the assessors don't even notice that the practice already gave them the info until I call them to complain. Especially for a new illness. Nothing gets resolved unless I end up calling them and complaining after already waiting 6 weeks. Its hard enough watching your 14 year old pet be so unwell for months, then pass away. Without the consistent carry on with pets at home pet insurance not being able to pick up a phone to vets to resolve anything. I've had to put In several complaints In the last year. If my other dog wasn't also 14 years old I would change ASAP. I've since been advised by a friend the insurance company called 'animal friends' pay out in 7 days. Have been with pets at home insurance for my 2 dogs for several years, but the last 2 years I've had to use them frequently. Would never use again, unfortunately with having a 14 year dog I'm stuck with them now!

Have you made a claim?