Do NOT entertain this company!

• Customer service

Reet76's review of Asda Pet Insurance

“Do NOT entertain this company!”

Written on: 07/07/2021 by Reet76 (1 review written)

Took out the top Asda insurance cover for our new Shin Tzu puppy in 2015. After 18 months the dog started with allergies for which he has needed treatment.All well at first when claims were made. Obviously,we can't now change insurers because of his allergies, so Asda, fully aware this, started changing the goal posts! First they introduced a policy for not paying over 100% Mark up (which every vets does), which was not in the original policy booklet, so I have to pay the extra. They then introduced a new policy to charge 10% of the vet's bill to me when my dog reached only 5 years of age! A Shin Tzu is supposed to be one of the cheapest dogs to insure. This condition also did not appear in the original policy booklet, or I would not have entertained this company! To add insult to injury, again knowing I cannot go elsewhere, they have increased the monthly payments from an already exorbitant price of £69.73 per month to £94.26, i.e.£1,131.12 per year for a 6 year old Shih Tzu!!! A combination of my life, house and car insurance is cheaper than this! When I complained about the 10% Asda wouldn't back down! Can't give NO STARS, unfortunately!

Have you made a claim?