Do NOT be duped into giving a single bit of your personal information to these people!!

• Speed of Application

Guest's review of YES Loans - www.yesloansuk.com

“Do NOT be duped into giving a single bit of your...”

Written on: 12/07/2011

I had a very 'friendly' Ben call me from Yes Loans after I had applied online and I was happily giving away details until it got to him wanting the 16 digit number on my debit card. Alarm bells went off instantly. He tried every angle to convince me to give my card details saying no money was coming out of my account without my permission and that they needed it for identification as there was nowhere for me to show my passport or drivers license. I was still uneasy and asked if he could call me back the next day after I'd discussed it with my other half but he said there was no guarantee that they could call me back and that I would have to go through the whole process again. I said that was fine and if they couldn't call me back then that was fine too. In the end he said he'd make a note on my account to call me back but couldn't guarantee it. He just called me now but when I said I didn't want to go through with the loan he asked why, I lied to him (well why not, he was!) and said I was getting a loan from Halifax and he told me to eff off and put the phone down!!! I hope that my not giving him my card details means he loses commission and I hope he, and anyone who works for Yes Loans, rots in hell. They must drink Horlicks to help them sleep.

Please, please, no matter how badly you may need the money, do NOT approach this hideous company. Please ask your bank, go in and talk to your manager the old fashioned way, not over the phone or internet. Ask a family member or friend and work out a repayment system with them. It's just not worth the grief and hassle - you're only going to be worse off emotionally, mentally and financially.

• n/a