Awful company - waste of time

Tesco Personal Loans
3.1
  • Speed of Application

210Coffey's review of Tesco Personal Loans

“Awful company - waste of time”

written by 210Coffey on 02/10/2023

This company is terrible. Wasted so much time responding to their emails and sending in information. I have a perfect credit score, never defaulted a single payment in 27 years, have taken out loans in the past for more with banks without any issues. They sent out an email to request further information, wanted me to connect my bank to them which I did. I was then sent another email saying I hadn't done it, which was incorrect as the open banking connection was showing on my bank app. After I called Tesco, they said to ignore any emails requesting information because they don't work. Why use it if it doesn't work? Where has that information gone? After being accepted after they made a credit check, I then get rejected? When I called to ask why, I was told they couldn't tell me. I am baffled and so disappointed that they have recorded a search on my file and it's ended up this way. Never happened before. I won't go near Tesco again! Learnt my lesson. If you need a loan, go to a proper bank. 've checked all the information again, I am convinced they have made an error but they won't tell me why so it can be resolved.

• Loan Rate