Beware Amigo!!!

• Speed of Application

Heather86's review of Amigo Loans - www.amigoloans.co.uk

“Beware Amigo!!!”

Written on: 04/07/2020 by Heather86 (1 review written)

was a guarantor and this is my experience with Amigo. They are hideously irresponsible lenders who care not a jot if they grind you into the dirt and leave you broken and penniless. The borrower was not a friend but my manager at work. I was on a zero hours contract and relied on her goodwill for enough shifts to keep food on the table. I was not in position to say no to her and suffer the consequences- Amigo was well aware of our respective positions and work and the power imbalance that this entailed but they still lent with me as guarantor, even though I was on a lower and more variable income than the borrower! When she defaulted I was immediately threatened with court during this already stressful covid time (I was furloughed and had just found out I was pregnant). I had to declare myself insolvent. The borrower defaulting has trashed my credit score. I was then sent a letter from Amigo stating that they were waiting on me to fail with my trust deed and then would carry on chasing me for money I dont have. I have had panic attacks and my anxiety has returned. I beg anyone considering becoming a borrow or a guarantor, please please please find another way, these loan sharks will eat you alive.
Complaints following the correct channels via their website are ignored and tweets are brushed off with a 'sorry to hear that.' If you deal with this company you will end up in such serious trouble that bankruptcy will become your only option.

• Loan Rate