Unacceptable racket

Dudley430's review of Prudential Pension

“Unacceptable racket”

Written on: 22/07/2020 by Dudley430 (1 review written)

I was mis sold a pension by Prudential in 1981. But, because this was pre-regulation time, I discovered that there was nothing I could do about this, and continued paying into this, as advised by them, otherwise i would have lost 10 years' of payments. Through the years, I never managed to get a first time straight answer to anything from them. Now it is time to take out this pension. I have been trying since October 2019 to get an actual quote of what I was due: keep getting long (5 page +) letters showing ‘illustrations’, ‘estimates’ but no hard facts. Every time I try and ring have to wait a minimum 45 minutes to get through (minimum 20 minutes pre Covid) and never manage to get a straight or useful answer, again. The irony is that, if one tries to contact them through their online portal, they are advised to ring ‘for quicker response’!!! I now have engaged an IFA to chase them. He found out that the documents I was sent did not include a product code, apparently essential. Again, tried to ring them to request this: was told that I was placed on a ‘waiting list’ to call back ‘about 15 days call back time’! looking at this thread, it is obvious that they are doing everything possible to stall the cashing of the policies. And, on top of that, they informed me that I cannot access my funds without first having proof of having received ‘financial advice’, which would cost about£5,000 (pay that to get my money!!!). Funny though how they seem to be quick and on the ball when it comes to online PR: quick with platitudes there. Unacceptable!!!