Catalogue of Errors

Guest's review of JLT Employee Benefits - www.jltemployeebenefits.com

“Catalogue of Errors”

Written on: 04/09/2017

My previous employer NFUM, transferred the Group Scheme from Barnet Waddingham to JLT. As I approached 65 JLT sent me a retirement pack which
unfortunately carried the wrong name. To add fuel to the flames, they sent me personal correspondence meant for an ex-colleague of the NFUM Scheme, confirming transfer value. In addition, I also received correspondence addressed to Legal & General Assurance Society on behalf of my ex-colleague containing personal details.

They were apologetic albeit their response to my complaint did little to allay my ongoing concerns:

1. They referred to the revised “Retirement Notification Letter” being enclosed advising that it carried my correct name. Unfortunately they didn't see fit to enclose it!!
2. They requested a return of the erroneous documentation in the enclosed pre-paid envelop. Unfortunately, they again didn't see fit to enclose it!!

They apologised once again in their response and they almost got it right......apart from enclosing the pre-paid envelop to enable return of my ex-colleague's personal correspondence.

Unfortunately, my concerns over the management of personal data as well as service delivery has been heightened with this experience. It would therefore be very difficult to recommend a company where "quality" falls so far short of basic requirements.