Statutory financial advice regarding personal pension

Roychallenger52's review of Compare Drawdown - www.comparedrawdown.co.uk

“Statutory financial advice regarding personal pension”

Written on: 17/11/2016 by Roychallenger52 (1 review written)

Having decided to access my Aviva Personal Pension, I initially contacted Aviva for their guidance. I found this to be a frustrating procedure, their website being surprisingly uninformative on this subject, which surely must rate as a common inquiry.

Consequently, I made an internet search on Drawdown Pensions, having decided that this would be more appropriate for my needs than the conventional annuity. At this stage I discovered Compare Drawdown, part of Smith Robinson at Morley, Leeds. I was introduced to their financial advice service.

From the outset, I found that their service was not only very professional but also conducted in a personal manner. Time was taken by the advisor to familiarize himself with my personal preferences and financial situation. Moreover, an appraisal was also made of my health and family position. These sensitive discussions were achieved in a friendly and efficient manner, which gave me confidence in the service.

The predominant issue in this type of advice always hinges upon the clients' attitude to risk assessment. I am content that this was thoroughly investigated and that the advice given reflects the findings of the assessment.

I was amply supplied with financial projections and information of the suggested products, and the cost of the advice if acted upon.

The transfer of the pension to a different provider was handled by the advisor with a minimum of form filling and effort on my behalf.

I am content at the decision which I made and also the fee which I was charged for this advice. My dealings with Compare Drawdown have been straightforward and in plain English.

If I require the services of a financial advisor in the future, I would not hesitate to make use of this excellent service.