Aviva - appalling Longest wait for the 'phone to be answered

5yearson's review of Aviva Pension www.aviva.co.uk

“Aviva - appalling Longest wait for the 'phone to be...”

Written on: 04/04/2018 by 5yearson (2 reviews written)

I would give them a minus score if I could.

I am writing this review as I wait for someone - anyone -to answer my call at Aviva.
Having waited for 5 minutes for the phone to be answered, I have now waited a further 25 minutes for the'Retirement' Team to answer my call. I dealt with Aviva on the same issue last year and had to wait serious amounts of time then - my previous review is somewhere on this site. I was assured that they were recruiting new members of staff to accommodate the number of calls. Patently not! I was very concerned when Friends Provident were taken over by Aviva, they were a lovely, helpful company, and my Pension with them had performed extremely well. Not so since the Aviva takeover, the reason I want to talk to them is to surrender my policy, I can't wait not to have to deal with them anymore. Dreadful customer service, they obviously think they are so big they don't need to bother. Please don't take out a policy with them and if you have one - transfer it somewhere else!

• Appalling