Diabolical customer services & Not Covid Compliant!

FouziNZ's review of International Paintball Group - www.ipgvip.com

“Diabolical customer services & Not Covid Compliant!”

Written on: 13/11/2020 by FouziNZ (1 review written)

I was really shocked at the absence of covid compliant measures at IPG Painballing in Cobham in October 2020. The booking staff were friendly and informative and advised that our party of 9 would be separated between games. Not ideal but understandable. However, we were not separated and in fact were back to back with many other players under the shelters during breaks and before and after the games started. There was no checking of temperatures as participants entered the location and no mention of distancing at all during the time we were there. We wanted to participate as we had originally booked this event for earlier in the year and I am all for supporting company's and keeping people at work. But... actually this was not good.
In addition to that staff shouted a lot at participants including some children. Completely unnecessary in most cases. Many staff were not at all friendly and totally lacked the enthusiasm required to make this a fun activity.
Also, it is so expensive. Participants are captives once inside. No paint balls no games. No indication was given, despite me asking previously as to how many paint balls each player may need. Our party agreed as a bare minimum you need 600 balls for 3 games of 2 halves each. Paintballs are £9.99 for 100 / £79.00 for 1000 or £139 for 2000. They don't advertise these prices on their website. And I was advised that I needed to pay £10 per person at the time of booking which would provide 100 paintballs each. It would have been more honest for them to give more detailed information regarding the quantity required from the outset.
Their customer services team have not responded to my email or phone calls in 14 days regarding another booking made pre lockdown where I wish for my deposit to be returned. Unprofessional, rude and really bad for their brand!
One final point - not a game for anyone under 10 or for fragile adults - it can hurt.