Tohatsu 3.5hp

Mikewood7's review of Tohatsu 3.5hp Four Stroke

“Tohatsu 3.5hp”

Written on: 11/12/2018 by Mikewood7 (1 review written)

I've had my Tohatsu 3.5hp from new and it's been brilliant.
The only thing I will say is don't leave any fuel in the carburetor for months on end.
Even if you run it dry there is still a tiny bit of fuel left in the float bowl,which will turn into little green crystaline particles and block the jets.
Taking the carb off is pretty easy job but you don't want to be doing that after every lay up.
Just take the cover off and just loosen the screw on the float bowl and drain the rest of the fuel out.
I fitted a flushing connection to mine and use a fresh water hose to flush it out every trip.
I spray it with WD40 under the cover which keeps the corrosion at bay and change the engine and gearoil oil every year, which is a doddle of a job.
This little motor has taken me and my partner in a 2.30m inflatable from Salcombe to Kingsbridge and back lots of times without any problems and from Plymouth to Cawsands on just a litre of fuel.