GARBAGE DO NOT TOUCH IT

Guest's review of Windows 8

“GARBAGE DO NOT TOUCH IT”

Written on: 13/12/2012

Where to begin? I bought this as a 'bargain' upgrade download for £24. It installed really quickly and easily and for a few hours it looked interesting.
I soon discovered though that the only real differences to look at are NO START BUTTON (what) and once the opening screen appears you click desktop and your back in your previous Windows (7 in my case).

When it came to shutting down it took me 20 minutes and a search through a microsoft forum to find out how to do it. Comments there from hundreds of IT professionals and developers made me even more sceptical.

Next day I downloaded a $5 program to replace the start button..

Basically its a bloody nightmare on a PC with a mouse, confusing, clumsy and generally pants.

It took me 2 days to get it off my laptop via a full reformat and reload of all the software.

I hate windows like most people but Win 7 is a dream compared to Win 8.

As a footnote, did you know that the guy who led the development team for Win 8 was fired about a week after it's release, say no more eh..........