18 month old boys Christmas ruined

tammie0906's review of The Gadgetologists - www.thegadgetologists.co.uk

“18 month old boys Christmas ruined”

Written on: 13/01/2012 by tammie0906 (1 review written)

Hi All

I too had the same issue. I was fortunate enough to receive the car however when received, the wing mirrors were loose, seat was not able to fitted correctly and the remote control was broken. It was overlooked as we only built it on christmas eve and had no time for a new one.

After the initial hour of my son playing with the car, the sound went off and there was no music at all. Although we could still control with the remote control. No fun with no gadgets for my son who is only 18 months old.

I have tried to contact the so called Gadgetologists every day since boxing day with no joy. I too get the automated message. One of the times I called, I managed to leave a message but I have never been able to again. I also emailed over 10 times asking for a replacement with no response.

I then tried to get my money back through paypal, however I logged the claim with them 46 days after I paid and you need to raise disputes 45 days after so I missed the cut off with one day. Paypal cannot give me my money back but can of course lodge the complaint against the sellers paypal account and if they receive enough of the same complaints, they will investigate further so I urge anyone who has paid with paypal to contact them to log a dispute.

I then contacted my bank who said I am covered by visa IF I can get a letter from a company who sells the same cars saying the car is faulty. I spent 3 hours calling companies who are not willing to put my name to anything. I am waiting on my bank confirming what the next stages are.

One of the companies I spoke to actually sells the car for £96.99 with free delivery and a kids driver pack inc MOT cert, registration docs, personalised number plates, driving license etc. He has kindly offered to provide me with some instructions on how I may fix the car but that wont get my money back.

The company is a joke and KGB deals should be checking company crudentials before accepting to work with them. If they had checked the address, they would have been alerted of a fraudulent company. I use KGB deals on a regular basis and will certainly never be using them again. I have also alerted my friends and family and my 500 facebook friends of the scam.

My sons proper first christmas was ruined by these fraudsters!!!!

• Porsche style ride on car - RED

• A few weeks late

Clarelongley's Response to tammie0906's Review

Written on: 25/01/2012

Oh i know how you feel we were in exactley the same position here is kgb telephone number please contact customer services 02920 548000 explain what you have said and i am sure they will refund you i am awaiting a refund cant say for sure but i hope that my faith in KGB will be restored.