DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!

• Selection of tickets available

• Ease of ordering

• Customer service

DAinger's review of Theatreland America - www.theatrelandamerica.com

“DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!”

Written on: 10/10/2021 by DAinger (1 review written)

If you read through the details of my horrible experience you will most definitely be put off using this UNSCRUPULOUS ticket reseller, THEATRELAND AMERICA (mytheatreland.com)! I will begin by saying I was careless in selecting this website which popped up when I Googled Jacksonville theater. I was hopelessly into the process before I realized that I was not dealing directly with the box office. I was seeking tickets to see Hamilton, and I was prepared to pay premium prices to be assured of seats -- but I got more than I bargained for.
Due to COVID, the original event was cancelled twice, and finally rescheduled 19 months later. Throughout the process I was assured that my order was valid and the tickets would be issued when the event was finally scheduled -- no refunds or credits were permitted.
I paid for overnite delivery of our tickets, which were scheduled for delivery 10 days before the event. 2 days before, and after several phone calls, I was told they would be mailed that day and I would receive a UPS tracking number. I did not. Another day passed, and more phone calls, and tickets were delivered BUT the tickets came from StubHub!
As it happens, the tickets did not match the delivery notice from StubHub and I called them to clarify. They were unable to get hold of the seller, but they assured me the tickets were valid, and offered me a credit for the inconvenience.
Last night, Stub Hub called to say not to expect the credit because it was issued to the name of the purchaser (which was a THEATRELAND e-mail address), and it was already redeemed (by THEATRELAND). THEATRELAND paid StubHub less than half of what I paid them for the tickets.
In sum, Theatreland was paid for the tickets by me, and redeemed the credit which was issued for my use by StubHub. In the process they have totally mucked up my StubHub account with email addresses and phone contact number's that are completely alien to me -- which is how they were able to snatch up the credit that was issued.
PLEASE STEER CLEAR OF THIS TICKET 'SERVICE'. I will also be contacting the Moran Theater at the Times-Union Center in Jacksonville, and Google, about the algorithm that directs people to this service!

• Hamilton