Sports Direct ignore Consumer Rights Act

SagaLout1954's review of Sports Direct www.sportsdirect.com

“Sports Direct ignore Consumer Rights Act”

Written on: 17/10/2020 by SagaLout1954 (5 reviews written)

I purchased some items on-line, Sports Direct chosen delivery method is Hermes. Hermes policy during Covid is "no contact delivery", & to PHOTOGRAPH the packages at homeowners OPEN front door or in a designated safe place, with tracked delivery showing the photo as confirmation.

My Sports Direct parcel tracking changed to "delivered", but no photo (though I was in) - MY PARCEL HAD NOT BEEN DELIVERED! As this remains Sports Direct responsibility I contacted their customer service.

Initially Sports Direct appeared helpful, but Hermes are completely unable to supply them with delivery confirmation because NO delivery had taken place, whole property checked & neighbours asked - no parcel!

Instead of complying with their legal responsibility to either supply the goods or a refund, Sports Direct decided to just "close my complaint", made no attempt to refund my payment, no attempt to reimburse me for the credit note part payment, will not respond to me further, in short, even pointing out the Consumer Rights Act and the Consumer Contracts Regulations (with help from the WHICH magazine) they have decided to simply DO NOTHING.

I have been obliged to ask my credit card provider to reimburse that part of my payment method & I've no choice but to write off the credit note loss as my only option is the small claims court. Therefore this honest, negative review is wholly justified, & leaving Sports Direct to act illegally. Buyers beware!

• 3 pairs of jogging trousers.

• Still waiting