DO NOT USE THEM

mmRamsey1980's review of Evans Cycles www.evanscycles.com

“DO NOT USE THEM”

Written on: 07/04/2021 by mmRamsey1980 (1 review written)

Where to start!! Ok, I took advantage of the Cycle to Work scheme and chose Evans as the retailer as I had used them previously and they were pretty good.
The first red flag came when despite being prompted to order online I find out I have to go in store. So I did this and the key question I asked the in store advisor was when could i expect to receive the goods. I was told "about a week" and when I pushed on this was told again "no more than a week"

So I waited..... I then tried to contact Evans but they no longer take phone calls so I dealt with the web chat service. I'm now on my 7th attempt at finding out where the main part of the order is. Firstly someone told me it was dispatched on 31st March.... I checked the courier site and they haven't yet received the bike, so on Tuesday 6th April I spoke to another person who said she'd look into it and as yet she hasn't bothered to reply. I've subsequently spoken to a third person (Useless and patronising) a fourth (She just repeats herself and doesn't listen to a single word being said) and then finally I had the (dis)pleasure of anotehr. She's apparently a "Senior" who has absolutely no interest in resolving issues. She told me (in writing) that the bike had been dispatched at 15:43 YESTERDAY, she then backtracked today (7th April) and said the bike hadn't been dispatched and was waiting for the courier. DO NOT USE this company! They make it as if the PAYING CUSTOMER is the one in the wrong. If they don't like what you say on chat they will terminate the chat and they do nothing to resolve the issue. I have spent £1000 with these Charlatans and as yet I still don't have the goods! I don't expect them to do anything to resolve the issue and even if they do eventually dispatch the bike it's with Hermes and they are just as poor at dealing with customers as Evans are....... Use an independent retailer who will value your business more than this sinking ship. Evans will undoubtedly do bust in the very near future and the same staff who have invariably contributed to their downfall will be looking for employment elsewhere. Personally, I wouldn't employ these people as cleaners. At least cleaners are capable of doing what they are paid to do.

• OK