Buying from Evans Cambridge

1947Morse's review of Evans Cycles www.evanscycles.com

“Buying from Evans Cambridge”

Written on: 31/05/2019 by 1947Morse (1 review written)

I went into their Cambridge store and asked them to get a bike in for me to try out. I then got a call to say it was in and told them I would be in the next day after 12 o'clock. I got am email confirming this. I turned up and was told the mechanic was on his lunch break could I come back in an hour (despite the fact that a mechanic was working in the service area). When I returned nothing had been done to the bike despite there being two mechanics at work. The brakes needed adjusting and pedals attached for my test ride so I waited for that to be done. After a short ride, I said the bike was fine and I'd buy it. I then looked at mudguards but they didn't have any. I picked out a rack which I asked to be fitted as I was riding the bike home. I was asked if I could come back as the mechanic was on his lunch break, despite again one mechanic clearly being at work. I told them to forget the rack.
They have no idea of customer service at all and don't seem to be bothered what sort of experience you get. Time seems to be of no essence and staff seem disinterested and don't proffer any knowledge. I wouldn't buy anything else from them as they are no cheaper and you get the worst customer experience.

• Goods purchased & cost