terrible Customer service

rro1983's review of Evans Cycles www.evanscycles.com

“terrible Customer service ”

Written on: 06/09/2018 by rro1983 (1 review written)

After initially buying a great bike with Evans in 2015, I was very satisfied. Staff in the shop were helpful and efficient and the bike was very good value for money. 2 years later I had an incident out on a ride where a training bolt sheared through my carbon fibre frame.

Upon contacting Evans I was offered consolation but no told that my frame had a 5 year manufacturers warranty. I found out after independently paying to have the damage repaired (at a total cost of over £400) that my frame was under warranty, despite Evans no longer being the UK supplier for FUJI bikes.

I got back in touch with Evans having being told by Fuji bikes that the first step of claiming for the frame would have been to contact the supplier of the bike, Evans (which I had done).

After initially emailing a helpful Evans employee who seemed very well meaning and tried to put me in contact with the Customer services/ Warranty team, I was then passed around or ignored for the next 5 months. This is how Evans deal with problems! I have bought several bikes with this company and feel extremely let down and annoyed. I won't be spending another penny at Evans unless I am emailed back/ offered some form of compensation. Please think twice before using this company.

• Fuji Gran Fondo road bike