Pets at Home Rhuddlan

Guest's review of Pets at Home www.petsathome.com

“Pets at Home Rhuddlan”

Written on: 17/05/2021

I've been a customer here many times (including before the pandemic started) and at another branch not far away. I really don't know why I continue to go there, I think this incident is the last straw.

I've spent a LOT of money at both branches. Every time I'm at the Rhuddlan branch, I'm made to feel I'm in the way or up to no good.

I don't know if they've had shoplifters there regularly, but today (again), I was followed around the shop by a staff member and at the same time another came towards me in the same isle and asked if she could take my items to the till, to which I responded "no thanks I'm fine". She then approached the 'stalking' staff member and whispered quite brazenly something about me. I then made it obvious I was aware the 'stalker' was following me and she left towards the tills.

They MUST be aware that I've been to that shop MANY times and therefore MUST recognise me as an individual who buys a lot and ALWAYS pays for what I choose there, I'm certain the rude manager does.

I'm assuming they thought I was stealing, otherwise they were deliberately trying to intimidate me.

I don't think the consistently rude and dismissive manager who served me at the till, scanned my VIP card, so I guess I won't be getting an email asking for my opinion of my experience on this occasion, hence this review here.

I have a LOT of respect for everyone working during the pandemic, Pets at Home have been open throughout. However, this branch is in a bubble of its own. Pandemic or not, I really think they hate their customers.

I don't expect the staff to treat me any differently to anyone else, (judging by reviews elsewhere, others are treated with similar contempt).

I don't expect to have the staff fawning all over me, but I do expect to be treated with respect, I do expect that they recognise a regular paying customer, I don't expect to be intimidated, judged, spoken to and looked at like I'm dirt on their shoes.

They really need to sort out their Customer service 'skills', because it's currently severely lacking.

• Approx £30