I'd rather be on air kissing terms with the Black Death

• Ease Of Site Navigation

• Quality of Content

LukeMitchell's review of PaymentSense - www.paymentsense.co.uk

“I'd rather be on air kissing terms with the Black Death”

Written on: 03/10/2017 by LukeMitchell (1 review written)

Recently got these clowns to set me up merchant card services for the first of three shops that I am in the process of setting up. All zone-one retailing, high-footfall, discretionary spend-type shops (can't say the type of retail outlet as PS bought my silence by slipping me a bung and making sign a gagging clause).

But just want any other SMEs considering using PS to Just. Don't. Do. It.

Long boring story, but highlights were: 4.5 hours on the 'quick and easy' set up call; first appointment time and date for the salesman came and went - no show; (four days later) second appointment time and date for the salesman came and went - no show; (whole week later) third appointment time and date for the salesman came and went - no show/ Forth try he arrived. Salesman like the worse type of mobile phone shop inappropriately-familiar-scratch-the-surface-and-you'll-find-he's-full-off-rubbish piece of yuk you can imagine. I should have trusted my instincts then and there. Three day set-up? Two weeks into trading we were still clic-clacking on an old-fashioned credit-card imprint machine.

Oh and when they finally got around to setting it up and did a couple of demo transactions for us, of course it worked....the first three times after they walked out the door. Then their stupid unit decided it was on strike and gave up the ghost. Clic-clacking again. Three days later, the brother of the mobile home shop guy poked his head in, took a look at what had been installed and told us that the unit had obviously been maliciously tampered with triggering all sorts of nasty terms in the lease agreement.

One very nasty row later, and said payment unit in bits on street outside the shop, all connections severed, but decent cheque in hand. But can't let them win every time, can we?