Very poor technical knowledge

Welshcharles's review of Guitar Guitar www.guitarguitar.co.uk

“Very poor technical knowledge”

Written on: 21/01/2022 by Welshcharles (1 review written)

I purchased a £1899 guitar.
When the guitar arrived several of the plastic tuning pegs were cracked and turning freely. I contacted Guitar Guitar, initially they did not know what tuners were fitted to the guitar. When I explained what tuners were fitted to the guitar they offered to pay for replacements if I purchased them, as they did not have any in stock. When they found out the price they then decided the guitar had to be returned to them.
I found cheaper replacements which were only 16 euros they refused to pay for these and want me to return the guitar so they could repair it.
Given the technical knowledge shown and the fact the guitar had been dispatched in that condition I decided to keep the guitar and replace the tuning pegs at my expense as I do not trust their technicians to do a proper repair as I suspect they would just glue the pegs on.
What sort of quality control do they have which allows a high end guitar out of the door with several damaged turners.
I would not reccomend Guitar Guitar to anyone.

• 2015 Gibson Les Paul £1899