Shouldn't be in business

Clay312's review of Poole Moto - www.poolemoto.co.uk

“Shouldn't be in business ”

Written on: 19/06/2014 by Clay312 (1 review written)

I always try and keep business local, so gave Poolemoto a chance to match a price I'd seen on the internet..
The owner was very helpful and got very close to the price I'd seen, promising goods in the next few days.
Of course he wanted payment, and I was happy to give him card details to the value of £1288.00 ( everyone's happy )

After a week I phoned asking when good would be arriving and was told a couple days, a few more days later I phoned again and told tomorrow or the next day... The third time I called I was told part of my order was out of stock and would all be in soon, I started to get suspicious.. So I phoned the uk importer and inquired about stock, they told me plenty of stock,with typical next day deliveries to there distributors.. At this point I was very uncomfortable about the situation and decided to go down to the shop and demand a refund.. This involved a 80 mile round trip

I walked in the shop and asked for the owner and then introduced myself .. Told him of my concern and asked for a refund.. He started off by point blank refusing. After a serious argument, and believe me I never have arguments as a rule, he offered to do half refund as the goods would be in on the Tuesday and he would personal deliver them to me.. With an agreement that if the good didn't arrive by the Tuesday he would refund the balance.. Well of course the goods didn't turn up and he said he'd done refund.. He did send me a photo of the refund slip, but it had most of the important information missing..

After another 3 weeks and numerous phone calls to him and my bank, it was decided that the refund had not been transmitted properly, his bank said fault on the line, my bank suggested the device my not have been connected to phone line.. Anyway another 10 days go by and the money appears in my account..That was almost 8 weeks from start to finish..

My recommendation would be to avoid doing business with this company, but if you do then only pay on receipt of goods..
I never bad mouth business as a norm, being in business myself , but in this case people need telling and perhaps Poolemoto will understand good customer service and strong business ethics count for a lot.