Motorola warranty is a sham

From 1 review

klook's review of Motorola www.Motorola.com

“Motorola warranty is a sham”

Written on: 25/08/2018 by klook (1 review written)

This is about Motorola's customer service/warranty and ethics, not just the phone. My first Moto e4 was purchased new and unlocked from a reputable seller on ebay. It worked fine for about a month until it stopped giving notice of missed calls and msgs. My carrier,Cricket, could not figure it out so they transferred my call to Moto who couldn't either. They offered me a new phone which I thought was generous. I sent back the ebay phone and a replacement arrived soon after. It turned out to be locked to MetroPCS, not Cricket. Moto proposed to send me an Unlock Code but that dragged on for over 2 weeks during which time all I got was unfilled promises to respond, misinformation and a request for proof of purchase - everyone already knew the original was purchased, unlocked, on ebay. Finally, they refused to take it back or unlock it because it came from an "unauthorized retailer". That was the 1st phone; the replacement came direct from Motorola. It was locked by them so they could have unlocked it or sent me another unlocked phone or one locked to Cricket. Moto assumed the ebay phone's warranty by taking it back and this "brick" they sent me has a Moto warranty which says nothing at all about retailers. They got paid for the original phone by someone, just not by me. My only recourse is to switch to MetroPCS for an extra $20/month. The online unlocking services won't work on a locked Metro phone until it has been activated for 6 mos.

• Goods purchased & cost