Horrific company, avoid at all costs

Affordable Mobiles - www.affordablemobiles.co.uk
3.0

WBC85's review of Affordable Mobiles - www.affordablemobiles.co.uk

“Horrific company, avoid at all costs ”

written by WBC85 on 30/10/2023

I took out a contract with affordable mobiles to have a new Google Pixel 8 phone on a monthly contract on Thursday 26th October 2023. The phone was sent out to me on Friday 27th October 2023 . When I received the phone I charged it up then started setting the phone up. The phone kept on freezing during set up then turned off and will not turn back on.

I contacted customer service agent and explained what happened. His advice was not to do anything to resolve the situation but that I should contact google about fixing the phone. The agreement I had was for a new Google Pixel 8 phone in working condition, this was not provided by affordable mobiles. So why should customers be inconvenienced if a broken/faulty phone was sent out? The customer service agent gave further advice that I would have to pay the expense of postage and advised the phone should be sent insured at further expense. Why should customers be out of pocket, when affordable mobiles send out faulty broken phones to new customers? When I inquired about an exchange, the customer services advised this would also be at my expense !

I have never experience such poor service from any company in my life. When faulty products are sent out as sometimes happens reputable companies normally apologise, then send out a fault free product that should have been sent originally. When I highlighted this with customer service they did not suggest another course of action that would not see me out of pocket for sending back the substandard broken phone I received.

• Goods purchased & cost