Do not buy an engagement ring from Clogau!

KRJ7's review of Clogau Gold www.clogau.co.uk

“Do not buy an engagement ring from Clogau!”

Written on: 17/12/2019 by KRJ7 (1 review written)

Very poorly made jewellery, if you are thinking of buying a lifetime piece of jewellery for someone, I would recommend looking else where to avoid upset in the future. My sister had her engagement ring for Beaverbrooks, the quality is great, the ring still looks like new nearly two years on and the customer service is second to none. I’ve had my engagement ring for a little over two years and despite not wearing it for bed, in the shower, gym, swimming pools or to do any other household tasks two of the arms holding the diamond in place have SNAPPED!! Apparently this is my doing through wear and tear! Absolutely impossible!! The diamond is now lost and was the only part of the original ring I had (due to resizing). As soon as I noticed I went straight home from work to look for it, looked in my car and the car park! I only had it on to come to work and I work in an office! Please tell me what wear and tear allows a ring to last a little over two years? I’m devastated! My husband saved a long time to buy the ring and now I’ve been told, just before Christmas as well, I need to pay hundreds of pounds for a replacement! I’ve shown images of the ring to several people and they were disgusted and thankfully have realised never to buy from Clogau as the quality is so poor! People I have shown the ring to, have had their engagement rings 20/30 years and they are still in one piece. Please, if you’re buying a piece of jewellery with a priceless meaning for a loved one, do not buy it from Clogau or you will end up like me, loosing a piece of an item which carries so much invaluable meaning, which I can assure you, a member of the customer service team will have no appreciation or sympathy for! I would never normally log a complaint online, however, I really don’t want people to have the same experience!

• Engagement ring