GelFlex Memory Foam Mattress

SherryC's review of Sleep Solutions www.sleepsolutionsuk.com

“GelFlex Memory Foam Mattress”

Written on: 21/06/2014 by SherryC (1 review written)

Having had a double memory foam mattress for some 12 years when changing my bed to a single I wanted memory foam again as it's just brilliant and so comfortable especially as I'm disabled and trying to get comfortable in bed is no easy thing. My first MF mattress cost £500 so when I saw the offer via an online discount company for a single MF mattress worth £499 selling for £149 I grabbed the chance. What a huge mistake I made doing this. It arrived and I couldn't believe how light it was compared to my old mattress which had been so very heavy but I told myself that was because it was a single perhaps. I opened it up and it sprung open and flat, strange I thought, as any MF mattress I've known is always rolled up and you have to leave it to flatten out for a few hours before using it. I put it on the bed frame, lay on it and to my horror it was the most uncomfortable thing I've ever slept on. It reminds me of a childs bunk bed mattress, thin, flimsy and no depth to it at all. Labelling this mattress as a MF mattress to me is grossly wrong, it seems anything but. I would gladly have complained and demanded compensation for, what I consider to be, misrepresentation or a full refund if it had not been for the fact I needed a mattress and quick. My only saving grace was that I'd saved the top gel layer of my old mattress and cut this to use on top of the awful floppy thing which saved the day. I can at least sleep on this mattress now but will be sure to warn anyone and everyone to avoid this mattress from this store at all cost. It's laughable that this mattress originally cost £499 the £149 that I paid was way over the top for this very poor lack of quality item. Never again!

The only reason I have given 1star in the rating section is because delivery was very quick although the delivery company used had the grumpiest man delivering for them, he was no happy chappy that's for sure.

As soon as I can afford to buy a decent mattress I will be replacing this one.

• Gelflex Memory Foam Mattress (single) offer pride £149 from £499

Sleepsolutions's Response to SherryC's Review

Written on: 27/06/2014

I am very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your mattress. I am unable to check your details however the mattress can take up to 72 hours to expand fully depending on the room temperature. The mattress should reach a total thickness of 19-20cm. If this is not the case then the mattress is faulty in which case please contact us so we can resolve this for you.

Maureen1357's Response to SherryC's Review

Written on: 24/07/2014

I am having the same problem, I ordered a MF mattress and what was delivered was a piece of foam 5 inches deep, I cannot get any joy for a refund only if I pay £45 pick up charge, I would never ever use this company again never

Dani2121's reply to Maureen1357's Comment

Written on: 10/10/2014

I was going to buy MF mattress but after I read your guys comment changed my mind. Thanks for sharing your experience with sleep solution.