Poor After Sales Service, MDF Shelves Not Fit For Purpose.

Roddas's review of Monster Racking - www.monsterracking.co.uk

“Poor After Sales Service, MDF Shelves Not Fit For Purpose.”

Written on: 22/02/2014 by Roddas (1 review written)

I bought 6 racks of Shelving for a workshop which have now been in place for nine months.Racks are strong and fit for purpose but the MDF 9mm shelving panels have suffered badly from severe mould growth causing distortion and sagging,these MDF panels seem to suck in moisture from the air, even in a working heated environment,they are an inferior product compared to ply, or sheet metal. On my complaining to Monster Racking (all via email) I was advised by their 'technical department' that I should have sealed the panels with a PVA adhesive or similar to bypass this problem, bit late now, shelves have serious mould growth and even after cleaning, staining still remains and shelves are weak with patches of mould/mildew growing back. There is nothing in the fitting or assembly instructions to advise to seal the MDF to stop moisture ingression. All Monster Racking wanted to tell me was how pleased over 90% of their customers were with the product and my problem although not unique, was something they cared not to offer any help with. Now I have to purchase a replacement set of shelves and they tell me I should certainly pre seal them, pretty poor after sales service for a large company who pride themselves on their product. Typical, we've had your money attitude, your only a small fish up against a large company, we win ! I have offered M,Racking to send a representitive to inspect these shelves in situ', but there not interested, so - although the metal racking is fine, the MDF shelves are cheap rubbish and though they advertise for use in your garage or workshop, make sure you seal them, or pay the price of ruined boards and an expensive replacement job! VERY UNHAPPY.

• Goods purchased & cost