AVOID

AmandaM99's review of Mattressman - www.mattressman.co.uk

“AVOID”

Written on: 10/08/2022 by AmandaM99 (1 review written)

Avoid at all costs! avoid at all costs! we ordered a nova luxor sofa which was due just before the summer. It actually arrived in October so we couldn’t use it in the summer unfortunately or at all last year. When we unpacked it we realised that almost half of it was missing (this cost us almost £4, 000) so I contacted customer services who told me they would deal with it. A young man was aware of the date of delivery and he went on to ask me how many boxes I had and what was in them, when he rang I was out so I said I would check again when I got home and email him the pictures he had asked for. In the meantime, he sent me a photograph directly from the delivery company which confirmed 5 boxes were delivered. When I got home I sent him a picture of each of the 5 boxes including a printed description of the contents which appeared on each one (this was at his request). What I sent him clearly proved that the right hand sofa was missing and that the entire order hadn’t been delivered and as such I hadn’t received what I had paid for. We also didn’t have any instructions and the glass for the coffee table was also missing. The agent immediately replied to this email and advised me that there was nothing they were prepared to do as we hadn’t checked the order within 14 days!! At that point I was really shocked that even after sending me their own proof that they hadn’t fulfilled the order, they wouldn’t send me the missing items (worth around £1000!) if the sofa had been delivered when it was originally scheduled (before the summer) it would have been unpacked but it was in fact delivered several months late in the middle of winter! I called several times to speak to the agent after that and he avoided my calls every time (I would say he’s probably in the wrong job). I’m also not entirely sure why he gave me the impression in our original call that he would put things right when he clearly had no intention of doing so. Then I got to speak to a young lady who seemed to understand the situation and seemed shocked that the order hadn’t been fulfilled and said she would look into it and get back to me... Needless to say, I am yet to hear from her with any kind of response at all and this was several weeks ago. I have been left with no option but to buy the missing right hand sofa from a fantastic company called whitestores who I would highly recommend to anyone reading this post. I have also had to order the glass for the coffee table from a local glazier. Given mattressman’s lack response, I am now registering my complaint with the furniture ombudsman and if not resolved by them we will pursue a claim via the small claims court for the missing items that we have had to buy. My husband has also written to a number of consumer complaints specialists at national newspapers who handle disputes of this nature... Hopefully mattressman will get a mention! My advice to anyone thinking of buying anything from this dreadful company is simply “don’t”... they are happy to send you proof that they haven’t fulfilled your order and then refuse to do anything about it.... An awful company all round that shouldn’t be allowed to operate in my opinion!

• £3600