Boone Dinning Table

ThomasHaynes's review of Made.com - www.made.com

“Boone Dinning Table”

Written on: 05/10/2020 by ThomasHaynes (1 review written)

My wife and I have spent thousands of pounds with made.com. The products look great but the quality is generally lacking. For example I spent £600 on a Boone dinning table about 2 years ago (and another few hundred on the table chairs). Within the first weeks the surface was tarnished because some children’s sun cream stripped off the lacker. Made.com sent Home Serve out to see if they would fix it and they refused. I was annoyed because the table was obviously not very hard wearing but I didn’t want the argument after made.com told me they would “offer no further remedy”. Having three young children life is stressful enough.

I have regularly waxed the table in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations however most recently the lacker has been stripped yet again but this time by putting an orange peal on the table! One step too far.. I can’t use the table for the purpose in which it was intended in the risk of spilling food on it and damaging further.

We are gutted because we loved the table but honestly, it’s not worth it. I have had a number of other quality issues with made (tv unit- surface easily chips, nest of side tables - got wet and surface came off, outdoor seating furniture - wrong parts delivered and cushions delivered with stains on, clearly a second. Although I did receive a part refund on the latter).

I might need to accept defeat and stop shopping at made.com.

2 stars.. 5 for style, but only 1 for quality