Do not value you as customer

AlexandraPereira98's review of Habitat - www.habitat.co.uk

“Do not value you as customer”

Written on: 16/09/2015 by AlexandraPereira98 (1 review written)

Faulty damaged unusable large item is sitting in a small sitting room risking to fall on children. The Ludo library cupboard is 2mt40cm high, it arrived in an intact box however once we opened the box we realised the cupboard had been squashed. We called Habitat at 11.45am/ 03456407186 and spoke to B, - he was supposed to call us back...at 14.30 we spoke to A she said our order number was not recognized as we placed the order via Homebase/Habitat, she advised to call St Albans Habitat within the Homebase store, we spoke to J at the store and she said she could not deal with our complain as it was Habitat that needed to deal with returns. We called, spoke to A, then to H but both of them said we needed to sort out the pick up of the damaged cupboard directly with the store representative at Homebase....few hours later, FOUR HOURS of our SATURDAY lost in between Habitat numbers and employees(!!!)we were told DHL would call on Monday between 9am and 12. No phone call on Monday from DHL. I had to call another number where on Saturday I spoke to A to ask what was going on...J now has confirmed that on Wed 23rd Sept I will have the item collected and swapped with an undamaged one. I truly hope the saga has ended. It was not aggravating and costed me a lot of time and phone calls. Habitat return policy is not clear, it is not printed on the Homebase Customer Sales Order and the phone number published on the order is the unappropriate to dial if you have a complaint. Also the order number printed on the contract is not recognized by Habitat!!! Poor poor poor customer service, indeed. I am quite shocked!

• Ludo and several other items - £2,310

Caireann's Comment

Written on: 22/05/2020

Wow. That is not the service I would have expected from a shop like Habitat. No way am i wasting £1600 on a sofa in there now. Thanks for reviewing and sorry for you awful and stressful experience.