Abysmal quality & shocking mark ups

AngryTenant2022's review of David Phillips - www.davidphillips.co.uk

“Abysmal quality and shocking mark ups ”

Written on: 05/08/2022 by AngryTenant2022 (1 review written)

Very dubious.

Rented a one bedroom character property for almost a decade and had to replace all the furniture within two years.

Our letting agent shared the quote and selected furniture package with us ahead of the tenancy which we thought looked great. We felt very lucky that the landlord was investing so much and we were excited.

We were very wrong.
After just one year of tenancy, the 'faux leather' bound bed had collapsed - it was a cheap frame and even cheaper slats with a supposed orthopaedic mattress effectively holding the shape together. We found the same bed we'd had in B-&-M for less than £100. On the same trip, we spotted our bedside and floor lamps as well as a console table.
We found our vacuum cleaner, rug and coffee table on sale in The Range.

The chrome legs on the dining table also peeled and rusted and the dining chairs had discoloured and the legs had warped.

In addition to these items of furniture, the move in pack included a selection of peripheral products which were not fit for purpose, including the aforementioned vacuum cleaner which had to be replaced after the first use.

We were considerate tenants and we looked after the property and everything in it but these items were not fit for daily use and certainly not for a long term let.

Our landlord was being charged several multiples of what these items were worth and, if if had been me, I would have sourced items myself. I suspect it would have been cheaper and less hassle for the tenant in the long run.

If you are a landlord, be very wary of using this company.

• £4000