Avoid At All Costs

Forbes202's review of Curtains 2 Go - www.curtains-2go.co.uk

“Avoid At All Costs”

written by Forbes202 on 06/11/2022

I bought some eyelet curtains from Curtains2Go about ten years ago and they were fine, the fabric was good quality and they looked great. At that time they made their eyelet curtains at double width, ie each curtain was the same width as the pole (in my case 52 inches) . I ordered some curtains for the same windows recently and they were made to 1.5 width (39 inches). This meant they looked stretched on the windows with hardly any fold and barely met in the middle. The fabric was also poor quality, very flimsy.
I complained to Curtains2Go and they said the 1.5 width is stated on the website - it is, but not on the measurement page, you have to go through 'help' and 'my curtains' and it is easily missed. They talk about their eyelet curtains having 'more relaxed folds', but in reality they have hardly any folds at all.
I said that, regardless of the website description, the curtains looked terrible and were not fit for purpose. I asked for a refund or free replacement made to the correct size, and they offered to remake the curtains to double width for 50% of the original cost (£434) 'as a gesture of goodwill'. Their business model seems to be to provide substandard curtains and then charge an extra 50% to make them as they should have been made in the first place.
I have spent £434 on curtains that I cannot use, but I am not willing to pay Curtains2Go another penny and will have some made properly elsewhere. Strangely, they make pencil pleat and pinch pleat curtains to double width, but eyelet curtains only to 1.5 width. I asked why this was and the unhelpful reply was 'the reason is because this is the standard to which we make our curtains and is the same for all orders that customers make with us'. I will never use Curtains2Go again and would strongly advise anyone reading this review to try elsewhere. If I could give Curtains2Go a zero star review I would.

• Curtains £434