Customer services good but went sour quickly.

Darius476's review of Truly PVC Supplies - supplies.trulypvc.com

“Customer services good but went sour quickly.”

Written on: 05/06/2014 by Darius476 (1 review written)

I had been discussing an outside overhang that I had built with one member of staff from Truly PVC supplies. Everything was fine, they asked for final drawings to finish the quote. I sent an email to finalise including a few more questions on fittings, didn't hear back for a week or so. Rung to see if the email had been read and I was asked to resend it.

The next member of staff appeared offended that I had requested details of fittings and quotes based on approximate sizes and said that they were "unable to continue with this correspondence"………..even though they had asked that I provide them with final designs and pictures in the telephone phone conversation……… and said that I was expected at that time to just order.

I sent an email back suggesting that I had provided all relevant details for a quote that had been requested. If he was unable discuss it further could I speak to the previous member of staff (who had been more helpful). He then requested that I speak to other companies about my request…..don't worry, I will be……..

AVOID THIS COMPANY as other reviews have also stated.

• Goods purchased & cost

Trulycustomercare's Comment

Written on: 29/08/2014

The project you were working on was indeed complex and unfortunately we are unable to offer a correspondence course on how to make a polycarbonate roof and fit it on site to somebody with no experience, the questions you were asking couldn't possibly be answered by means of email. You should employ a trained craftsmen to carry out a comprehensive survey of the materials you require and offer advice whilst on site and subsequently pay for that service. We are unable to offer the level of correspondence course training you require, the project you were attempting was not suitable for a novice DIY enthusiast.

Monkley's Comment

Written on: 29/08/2014

I couldn't disagree more.

Having spoken to a different company they simply explained the fixtures required and provided the materials to the door.

I have since fit the roof which is fully functional.

Other than one discussion over the phone part way through the fitting (completed by myself and a friend) they were able to provide all the information requested. Most questions were directly copy and pasted from discussions I had with your company.

I really can't understand why you became so obstructive, not that it matters. I wouldn't have been confident to buy from you anyway.

For anyone who is doing a DIY project with limited experience I can provide a good company who offers a similar product but more helpful service.