Studio Corner Summerhouse 8' x 8'

Excelgent's review of The Malvern Collection - www.themalverncollection.co.uk

“Studio Corner Summerhouse 8' x 8' ”

Written on: 26/09/2020 by Excelgent (1 review written)

We had been looking for some time for a garden room. A garden pod had been in our sights for some time but the high price, no electrics and relative lack of comfort when you actually sat in one put us off. Then we saw this summerhouse as a display item at a local garden centre; it had the higher-than-basic specification (double glazing, insulation, solid floor) we were looking for and was on offer at a reduced price as an ex-display item.

Installation went well, with electrical wiring placed where we wanted. We are generally happy with the result. We have just had existing outside power connected to it by an electrician. We now have a wireless-controlled electric heater installed plus light and power points and will be able to use this garden room all year round.

One key modification that I did make to it was to add guttering to half of each of the two sides to the rear of the summerhouse. I had noticed rain pouring down the back of the building when it rained, which would eventually have caused issues I felt. To achieve this I had to release and lift up the polypropalene roof covering at the edges so that the water would flow into the guttering. A bit fiddly but I managed it without too much trouble. This is the only design aspect of the summerhouse which could perhaps be improved.

• Goods purchased & cost