unhelpful & sexist staff

pregnant's review of Screwfix www.screwfix.co.uk

“unhelpful and sexist staff”

Written on: 05/06/2015 by pregnant (1 review written)

This is the complaint form i have sent through to screw fix which details my experience!

I visited your Macclesfield store on Sunday 24th May wanting some assistance in ensuring the plumbing products i wanted to purchase were the right ones for the job.

I took with me all the parts i already had and described what it was i wanted. All i got from your sales assistant was "Do you have a product code?" My answer was no as i was unsure of the technical terms in your calalogue. He then responded "Can't help you if you don't have a product code". I asked if there was anyone else that could help as i didn't mind waiting, to which he responde "no one else other than the manager and he is busy!"

I gathered all the parts i came with and went over to look in the catalogue. As i am 6 months pregnant i found this rather overwhelming as i am not familiar with the terminology used. This was too much and i left your shop in floods of tears.

It was a 25 min drive home where i then proceeded to ask my father in law for assistance in itemising the products i needed and returned to your store later in the morning with my husband as i was feeling rather intimidated by your staff. When we both walked in the same sales assistant looked straight past me to my husband and asked if he could help him.

Quite clearly your sales assistant had an issue with women which in this day and age is an absolute disgrace. All i wanted was some assistance in purchasing the correct products.

I proceeded to spend over £100 on these plumbing items, wasted a whole morning, driven back and forth to your shop twice (each journey is 20 miles round trip). For anything further for our bathroom project i have visited our local DIY store who have been extreemely knowledgable about the products they sell and also have a very friendly attitude unlike my experience in your Macclesfield store that day. Even though it will cost me more money in the long run i don't think i will be visiting one of your stores again!

To add to this, i had to wait for some items to come into stock which in itself is not a problem but when my father in law ordered some items and collected them, your store wouldn't allow him to also collect my items without my card. Yet when i made a special trip for 2 items totalling £8.00 (petrol in my car would have been more than this!) i was never asked for the card i paid on and told that there was no reason for the previous sales assistant to not allow my father in law to bring home my items.

May i suggest you take a good look at the service provided by this store!

Regards

• Plumbing products over £100

Annoyed65's Response to pregnant's Review

Written on: 19/07/2015

Were the items you had to collect ordered instore or online ?