Poor staff attitude

Guest's review of Screwfix www.screwfix.co.uk

“Poor staff attitude ”

Written on: 12/08/2021

I have been using screwfix for 17 years plus and been in construction for 35 years and have spent thousands with them. However: When you online order and pay online they text you a unique order number. For years, I've forwarded the order confirmation to my wife for her to collect order as I'm so busy working. With that confirmation and unique number there's never been any issues with collection, until today, at Lancaster store. Inconsistent as today we need payment card, never asked before. Awkward and rude staff who can't do their job as they'd shown order fulfilled when my wife couldn't have the order. Cancelled my account, refunded me and I will never, ever use screwfix again. Their customer services were just as useless, he wanted to argue and didn't realise the customer is always right! Their loss. Hello Amazon & Plumbase and screwfix need to get rid of awkward jobsworth staff. Also why is payment card suddenly needed? Let the banks police the finance world, screwfix just sell your hardware, if it's paid for and someone has the text or email confirmation and order number, let them have it.

• none