STAY AWAY! Do not adhere to UK consumer laws!

Micah70's review of Knives and Tools - www.knivesandtools.co.uk

“STAY AWAY! Do not adhere to UK consumer laws!”

Written on: 20/09/2017 by Micah70 (1 review written)

I have spent thousands on Kai knives and never had an issue before, bought a set of 2 from knives and tools for £295 and within a couple of weeks and on prepping veg on a wooden board, the tip of one had snapped off. Contacted knives and tools who messed us about, sending us on to different companies and refused to repair the knife claiming it was due to use! As an experienced chef working in a michelin star kitchen within the fine dining industry, and working with top of the range knives all day every day for many years, I could not believe what I was hearing, baring in mind that even though under the consumer rights act UK, it is their legal obligation to repair or replace the knife at their cost, not the customers! I am now having this company investigated by reporting knives and tools to trading standards. I would never order from this company again, they are grey importers who despite using a U.K. website domain, are not even based in the U.K.!

• £295 set of 2