Drawers hard to put together, measurements off & stink!

hollytassell's review of Homcom.co.uk - www.homcom.co.uk

“Drawers hard to put together, measurements off and stink!”

Written on: 26/07/2020 by hollytassell (1 review written)

I don’t often leave reviews (which I should do more often) but I had to about some drawers I got from this company. I don’t even know where to start.

I had high hopes when I first opened them up, they looked good, and it was an easy start. Then I realised how unclear the directions are - mostly due to the graphics being blurry. A few times I had to take things apart to put them back together. All in all it took almost 4 hours.

Once finished, I was relieved. Until I tried to put the drawers in, and none of them actually fit in. I was about ready to cry at this point! The design of these is terrible, measurements are completely off. I’m lucky that my husband is ‘handy’ and was able to loosen a few screws/take off certain sections to get them in. There’s no way they would have fit otherwise.

It was only the next day I realised the awful chemical smell inside them. They smell of wood/warehouse/musty. Considering I bought these for our newborn it wasn’t the best discovery. I tried the following: aired them outside for a week, lined with baking soda and essential oils for a few days, cleaned with white vinegar. They still stink, don’t really know what I’m going to do about that now.

All in all I massively regret ordering these, and don’t recommend anyone else make the same mistake!

• Drawers £84