DO NOT TRUST THEIR GURANTEE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

EssexAcDc's review of Gardening Express www.gardeningexpress.co.uk

“DO NOT TRUST THEIR GURANTEE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.”

Written on: 16/05/2022 by EssexAcDc (1 review written)

In January, I bought two multi coloured hibiscus trees. We are now halfway through May and one is full of green leaves and doing well while the other is just brown twigs. I contacted Gardening Express (through chat) who asked for a photo and so I sent one of the two trees side by side. They returned the photo with a circle around the stem which was below the grafting points and when I pointed this out they requested I return the tree. It is 5 months since delivery and so I no longer have a tree box to return it in and asked if they could send me one. No...was the answer (they don’t send out boxes) and I was advised to go to my local hardware store and buy a box thin enough to take a tree but tall enough (around 5ft). I replied that my local hardware store does not stock boxes of that dimension so could I cut it up into small pieces so as to fit into a normal size box. I was told no because I would kill it but I said it was already dead also, I could not do a “bark” test above the grafts on twigs simply because I have tried and my camera will not focus on something so small and thin. They still would not have it so In the end I gave up and informed them that I will lose a tree but they will lose more when I put my review on as many review sites as possible and they were happy with that.

• Two Tri-colour Hisbiscus Trees