The worst

JohnCrole1's review of Gardening Express www.gardeningexpress.co.uk

“The worst ”

Written on: 07/11/2019 by JohnCrole1 (1 review written)

Ordered a £25 plant on their website. A few days later, I get an email saying my purchase has been safely delivered... I get home to no parcel. No card from Hermes either. Inspecting the delivery email again, it says the parcel was left "safely in the outbuilding", which I found strange because, well, there's no "outbuilding" - this is London, the outbuilding is the pavement.
It is impossible to get in touch with Hermes, unless you've made a purchase directly from their website. In any other case, whether you try to call or email them, you're repeatedly to "contact the retailer" directly (abandon all hope to talk to a real person).

After having raised the issue with GardeningExpress, they managed to get in touch with Hermes, and it turned out the courrier had indeed just left my parcel on the pavement. They had taken a nice picture to show how safe it was to leave it there, in the middle of the street.
Obviously the parcel was never found.

Gardening Express told me the photo proved the parcel had indeed been left safely at the right address, and that was the end of that. They suggested I go to the police, because they wouldn't help any further.

Absolute joke of a website and customer service, avoid like the plague !

• £25 plant