Not Again

Maximilliann1993's review of Spain Holidays www.spain-holidays.com

“Not Again ”

Written on: 26/10/2017 by Maximilliann1993 (1 review written)

Casa Lobo Salobrena September 2017 Most of the brochure pictures are 5 to 7 years old Pictures show the pool with Blue tiles around the top however these have been removed and now the pool top is just a blue Gel coat finish, made evident by the gel coat paint on some of the pathways and in places on the bottom of the pool, and two different pictures in the brochure / web page. The fish farm in the sea changed years ago. The steps out of the pool were obviously made for a shallower pool as it was a difficult operation to reach the first step. This is not good for OAPs with conditions, and I doubt that it would be good for children. No safety fences were fitted around the pool. The pool loungers were a complete joke they are filthy and were only used by a cat that slept on them, They were very dirty and covered in cat hairs, we would never have used them in that state We were informed in the paperwork AFTER we arrived that you could not use the bathroom towels, no pool towels were provided. It would have been nice to have been informed before we left home. We had to go to a hypermarket to buy pool towels, a disgrace for a so called LUXURY villa. The whole area around the loungers was covered in leaves and debris. I had to sweep the area myself. I tried the pool and surrounding lights on one occasion but I could not get them to light. The general paintwork outside was dirty, the window surrounds were rotting in fact the whole outside needed a fettle up to approach luxury villa standards When we arrived the pool was dirty and full of leaves However we had booked from the Wednesday housekeeping knew we were coming, this should have been sorted for the start of our rental period , I should not have had to ring them and get the pool man round, In all we lost a day and a half of not being able to use the pool in a fit state, By the way in my opinion I would doubt that this pool would pass safety regulations for not just adults but mainly for children. That there were no smoke detectors, no carbon dioxide detectors, anywhere in a rental home, amazed me! Fruit from the trees were all over rotting, a good source of food for the abundant rodents that were about at night in the garden below, and evident by the rodent boxes around the lower gardens. A leak by the bathroom window was a smelly mess which maybe was something to do with the water in the shower taking ages to run away. Ok I could have rung the housekeeper. but why should we have workmen in there when we are on holiday when a problem with the shower was evident by the 12 inch squeegee left there to clear the resulting pool in the shower tray. No starter pack was provided, No spare toilet rolls, No soaps or toiletries there were only odd jars of half used items but no milk, bread, water, which you would expect in a luxury rental. The cooker instructions were for another model, The whole inside of the cooker was a disgrace, If It had not been for the use of aluminium foil it would never have been used by us .If you put bread (Wait for it into a BREAD bin) it was covered in ants. The things were all over the worktops. Not nice .The toaster was rusty. Everything in the bins were wrapped and taken out on a regular basis but we never saw evidence of ant’s in there, so the problem has something to do with a worktop or holes behind them. The crockery, Knives forks, spoons etc. were all dirty and chipped so we selected the better ones to use and used only them all week There were no DVDs provided, not much English material at all .Even the SMART OLD TV did not have any English stations or a USB to plug in a stick to watch Films in an evening. Good job we took some CDs to play. They take the English man’s money yet you don’t provide for him. They just advertise on German, Dutch, Swiss Web sites and provide for them. We tried at one time to move the coffee table nearer the settee and the legs fell off! Good job the glass top did not break or we might have been charged for that! The brochure says Queen/king size bed in the master bedroom, yet it had two single beds pushed together, not even joined. This was not the SPECIAL experience for my wife’s 70th birthday we were expecting! We are very disappointed to say the very least. In our opinion this is a true and honest review of this villa. All these problems can be backed up with pictures if required.