Collusion with violent customers

Amber93's review of Tesco www.tesco.com

“Collusion with violent customers ”

Written on: 09/06/2020 by Amber93 (1 review written)

I regrettably must make a complaint regarding the incompetence of your staff at Tesco Springhill Birmingham Superstore. I am a regular at the store and I have fortunately never had any issues. However, today a frantic lady yelled at me from behind to keep my distance from her. I was stationary by the milk section. I turned away to ignore her and she proceeded to challenge me, yelling “Oh have you gone deaf!” In my ear. I told her to go away and she started jumping in a very animated way, became hysterical and threatened to physically assault me. They even verbally abused my mother and were aggressive towards her.

This can all be evidenced on camera. Date : 06/06/2020 between 6pm to 7pm. As a result of the noise, a female member of staff came. She asked the lady for her account and didn’t ask me for mine. I was confronted by two members of staff whilst shopping as to what went wrong. I urged them to check the cameras, they dismissed by suggestion. As I was exiting the store, the security guard gave me an undue warning, without getting the facts. They made an assumption and urged the security guard to harass us. They jumped to conclusions without investigating the matter diligently.

This was a very distressing visit and I’m most disappointed in Tescos. Not only did I have to endure abuse from a customer, but also raised voices and warnings from staff, when I did absolutely nothing wrong. I will seek an alternative supermarket and I will share my experience very widely. I regret the fact that I have given Tesco’s so much business when you clearly have no regard for loyal customers.

• £172 worth of groceries