Worst customer service ever seen...

mgiordan's review of Ocado www.ocado.com

“Worst customer service ever seen... ”

Written on: 04/04/2021 by mgiordan (1 review written)

This company has truly decided that it couldn't care less of its customers:

- About a month before easter 2021, as suggested by OCADO's marketing email I ordered over £300 of easter shopping, making sure to put in also the easter eggs for my son, wife, and mother.
On the morning of Easter at 03:50 I receive an automatic email telling me "sorry be we have items missing". loads of things missing, and amongst 4 easter eggs too were no where to be seen. At the delivery 08:30 in the morning of easter, I have to find out... no easter eggs... Despite having ordered them 1 month before (with all shops shut of course on easter morning!). My son, wife and mother and relative went without a easter gift this year!

OCADO's customer support, to my call about this, tells me... sorry but we're really busy. I can't accept that on an order of 1 month before. When I said I wanted to escalate the issue, I was told quote "no point in raising/escalating, as we can't do anything about it...

Well you forget that customers, still have the power to make choices. This was the last of many straw. Just like Christmas 2020, same lack of items and last minute warning, and having to go out in person to get the necessary things that you were missing.

To not mention all the times the packaging arrived torn, broken or leaking. Bags packed is absurd ways. Or the rubbish quality of the M&S products you chose over waitrose, for greed of being paid milions by M&S to partner with them. Just look at all your product ratings on your app and store... 1,2,3 stars... ever wonder why!? because your products with theirs are expensive and low quality. Oh and by the way also the choice went down too didn't it...

So as I was saying customers still have one last power... the one of choice. So:
I have chosen to stop purchasing from you. The next 3 orders totally over £600 all cancelled. Tomorrow cancelling the "Smart Pass" of £9.99 monthly and have already moved my shopping to Waitrose online and those 3 orders are now with Waitrose. Do your maths OCADO... is it really worth to treat customers like garbage.

Hopefully plenty more customers will move over to other suppliers.

• Goods purchased & cost